Visitors and workers see the factory entrance first, which is an opportunity to send a strong positive signal about the quality and work of the factory. A neat and tidy entrance creates a positive first impression, while an entrance which is dirty or disorganized reflects poorly on it. A factory which has a clean, tidy and secure entrance demonstrates a commitment to quality, productivity, and sound working conditions.
Good Practices for Factory Main Entrance
- Clearly display the factory name and logo (Figure 1).
- Make sure that the entrance to the factory is clean and tidy (Figure 2).
- Repaint old or flaking paintwork.
- Make sure that security guards are trained in the correct procedures for allowing workers and visitors to enter the factory.
- Use clear signage to help visitors and workers navigate around the factory.This also indicates that the factory is well organised (Figure 3).
- Inform workers of the factory's expectations regarding behavior around the factory entrance.
Benefits of good practices for Factory Main Entrance
- Sends a positive signal to visitors, buyers, and workers.
- Indicates an attitude of responsibility and attention to detail.
- Indicates that the company values productivity and good working conditions.
- Review the quality of the entrance to the factory by asking visitors.
- Install appropriate signage or replace old or out of date signs.
- Put someone in charge of maintaining the front area.